9/15/2008

Monday Morning

Do you know what fog can do to your hair? It makes my hair curly and frizy. Maybe you are not the type that fog actually bothers you in general. Let me say this. I'm living in a 5Th wheel temporarily until December when we plan on buying a house. This morning I'm hopping out the door with the dog and almost every morning we have fog and it can be pretty dense at times. I'm waiting for Barney to do his business and of course I'm not looking down at all times.
Suddenly, my left foot sinks fast into the ground. I'm not panicking since I've been told there were holes everywhere on the base. This place is ground squirell haven! I was smart not to try and bend forward or my leg would have broken. The hole had come all the way up to my knee.
I just pulled my self out gently and kept walking with the dog, just slightly shaken up.

Vandenberg usually stays at 62 degrees and sometimes no higher than 80 during the day. We seem to have a constant little breeze here. In the evening and early mornings, it is very chilly. The beach is about a few miles away from where we are.

No comments: