5/05/2009

Book Review - The Prophet of Yonwood - City of Ember Series Book 3

The Prophet of Yonwood (3rd Book of Ember) The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne Duprau


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I finished the audio of the book today and honestly at the end I could not stop to go outside and start dinner.

Nicki is introduced along with her (sister) I think and they go into Yonwood to fix up the old family house. Nicki is one that loves to explore and learn about so many things and loved going out on her own. I can relate to her just because of that. Yonwood is full of people. From McCoy whom everyone thinks is just an old geezer up to no good or Mrs. Brenda who takes things from the Prophet and twists the words. The prophet they claim of the town is only on old lady who needs a caretaker most of the time. I kept waiting and waiting to see how this book ties into the last book and it certainly surprised me at the end!

You will find out that Nicki loves the world so much and its people of the world that she leaves a green notebook behind for someone to find - Lina with as much information she knows about the world.

The main story of the book I really liked. It was more surprising to find out Nicki's father dreams finally are realized in the future.

He is a builder!


View all my reviews.

No comments: