4/18/2005

God carries us when there is only one set of footprints in the sand.

I'm pretty tired tonight, getting ready to take a bath and go to work in the morning. I've been called back. Ame`e called this afternoon and told me about Chelsea is quiting. And that Milton and probably someone else thought of calling me and wanting me to try to fill her position. Its the same pay and the same thing that Ame`e does, just a little different. The funny part is that I had started talking out loud to God my feelings and about the job situation this afternoon before the call infact. That I'd be there originally for only a few months if I was filling in for Ame`e. I did ask God if it was meant to be and his will for me to stay with company more permanant that he would let me one way or another. Whats cool about is that maybe 15 minutes pass and I got the call from Ame`e. This different position is a full time permanant position with the same pay and benifets. Which is awsome! I just started thanking God at the point after that. So tomorow I'm going in to see how I will like it and they will see if they like me enough to get the job permanantly. Its a basic see how you like it kind of thing.
It was just strange timing and God was right there and he was listening and that just amazes me.
Erin told me this evening after band practice somethings that really surprised me. In her opinion, (she tells me) when other people get up there on that stage they are singing but you get up there its as if the people are in awe. When you are there, your voice is reaching God, not for you and not for the people. And that is what makes you different.
Guess I was caught off guard, but thats how I feel when I am really into the worship. When we sing I think we should be there to sing for God, not for ourselves, but using that talent is an awsome experience knowing that it is touching lives around us. One day, just once I would love to be able to do that duet with Micheal W Smith.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hey Jen, thank you for sharing this experience. It reminds me to always trust God and not to be afraid to ask for the assurance I need. Read my recent posts to see where trusting God is taking me. I wish you all the best as you try out your new job!